Gears

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Depends, personally I wouldn't have just one air system if I was running an ARB, I would have their mini compressor or whatever it's called that is just for the locker and nothing else and it would be dedicated to running the ARB and ARB only. Then I would have a second unit for all the other OBA needs, including but not limited to actuating the ARB should the dedicated ARB compressor fail.

Not a bad idea. I have my Oasis which is a monster.. and way overkill for an ARB. It works great and when I have engaged it I've always had to turn on the Oasis and fill the tank.. not a big deal.. takes seconds. But a small dedicated compressor would be nice to eliminate the need to crank up the big dog. But if you are only going to run one then go big.

taco4x4rar

Not a bad idea. I have my Oasis which is a monster.. and way overkill for an ARB. It works great and when I have engaged it I've always had to turn on the Oasis and fill the tank.. not a big deal.. takes seconds. But a small dedicated compressor would be nice to eliminate the need to crank up the big dog. But if you are only going to run one then go big.

Yea thats big problem I always see with ARBs it's not the locker itself but getting it to actuate people either mangling the lines or the compressor deciding it doesn't want to play that day. I really wish someone made a manually actuated locker for the front either like the OX or E-locker where if the actuation system fails it can still be actuated manually. It's the primary reason I have opted not to have any selectable lockers in my rig.

Silverback

Oh yeah, an Ox would be my 1st pick.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
If they only made an Ox for a taco

taco4x4rar

If they only made an Ox for a taco

Downey used to make a cable system to manually actuate the E-locker, but when they went out of business no one else picked up the design.

Silverback

Downey used to make a cable system to manually actuate the E-locker, but when they went out of business no one else picked up the design.

Which is too bad, because IMO the elocker motor BLOWS ASS!

fsbrain03

Great on the compressor. I would also rather has something that was more bullet proof. Guess it's time for a new battery too. I've had this one for over 3 years now.

Silverback

Great on the compressor. I would also rather has something that was more bullet proof. Guess it's time for a new battery too. I've had this one for over 3 years now.

cough cough Platinum cough cough :)