Just Relo@ding

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Posting this for reference purposes. It does not have all the powders listed but it is a pretty good list.

Reloading Powder Burn Rate
burnrate1801op.png

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Got some loads figured out and made more.
.264 win mag gets 63.5 grains of IMR 8133 with a 140grain Hornady SST. Producing about a half inch group.
Also trying out some powder charges for a 129grain Nosler Accubond long range.

30-06 gets 58 grains of RL-23 with 165grain Barnes TSX. .668" group with this recipe so I am good with that from this rifle.

Still need some more .243 rounds with the loading figured out for it but this was enough for today.
20191006_175322.jpg

20191006_175257.jpg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Nice work man!

achirdo

2WD FTW
.264 win mag gets 63.5 grains of IMR 8133 with a 140grain Hornady SST. Producing about a half inch group.

30-06 gets 58 grains of RL-23 with 165grain Barnes TSX. .668" group with this recipe so I am good with that from this rifle.

Still need some more .243 rounds with the loading figured out for it but this was enough for today.
View attachment 17604

View attachment 17605
Have you played with seating depth at all?

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Have you played with seating depth at all?
Not yet. I am happy with the groups I am getting for now from the 3 rifles I am loading for. I do know my 30-06 load is not going to seat any deeper because it's pretty much a compressed load. Those Barnes bullets are long since they are copper.

CowboyTaco

View attachment 17604

View attachment 17605

I like your organization here. Instead of marking them with the masking tape on the box, I write the load data on the case with a sharpie. That way there is no chance of me getting them mixed up and it comes off the next time you run them through the tumbler.

tx_shooter

Staff member
So beautiful... but damn 400 pieces of 300 Win Mag is going to take a few minutes to process. This is just 250 cases; the other 150 are still processing in the tumbler. I am going to order more ammo cases so I can properly store the loaded ammo once done.

300 WinMag brass for reloading.jpg

CowboyTaco

So beautiful... but damn 400 pieces of 300 Win Mag is going to take a few minutes to process. This is just 250 cases; the other 150 are still processing in the tumbler. I am going to order more ammo cases so I can properly store the loaded ammo once done.

View attachment 17972

That is a beautiful sight. Are you just tumbling or using an ultrasonic as well? How does the primer pocket look? Want to send me some (even if dirty)? I'm told that I'm going to inherit my Grandfathers 300 win mag soon. He said he "doesn't need that many guns" :roflmao:

tx_shooter

Staff member
This has all just been ran through a tumbler right now. I will run them through the ultrasonic cleaner and then tumbler after I fire form them. The primer pockets have all been firm but not too tight and the flash hole has been dead center on each one. I am really loving this WW Super brass. The guy I scored it from probably has some more but most of his stock is "as available" so buy it when you see it. He runs some pretty hot deals on his Facebook page too. I had to stay off of it for a while because I was killing my slush fund.

Sage's Reloading Supply

achirdo

2WD FTW

View attachment 17972
Hey I accidentally ordered 3 100 round cases for Mangum rounds. They are a little big for my 260. I'd trade you 3 regular 308 sized cases if you have any spares

tx_shooter

Staff member
Let me see what I have; not sure I have any 308 Win sized cases. Nothing else I can buy them off you.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Tip to you all. Dont get case lube on primers. It makes them not go bang

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
I primed some brass and had to resize it a little more to fit my gun. So I put the primed brass in the holder and sprayed it with One Shot. Looks like some got inside the case and down to the primer.

CowboyTaco

I primed some brass and had to resize it a little more to fit my gun. So I put the primed brass in the holder and sprayed it with One Shot. Looks like some got inside the case and down to the primer.

I was thinking that I have sprayed brass with OneShot after priming, but I guess I must not have. I think I always tumble, lube, deprime/resize, tumble, prime, load. I guess it's just been a while since I've done any. I'm getting uncomfortably low on my 9mm, so I should probably work on getting a reloading table setup at the new house. Right now I just have 4 or 5 boxes of stuff.

Cup side. The liquid will make the primer go inert.

That makes sense.

Lapaua brass is finally showing its age after 10 loads. Had to cull 10/100 rounds for split necksView attachment 18823

I've read that 10 loads is about the expected life for any rifle brass. You can get more out of handgun brass because there is essentially no neck to expand.