Roger's Cool Things!

Oswego

n00b
now thats my idea of a good time...less the trailer. Actually looks just like the pine forests we have here. No white rock roads here though...unless they are unnatural.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I just want to put this here because, he and the truck is so worthy of coolness. :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Not my cool thing but way cooler than most anything that closet cigarette smoking, chum gang sissy girl could have ever done.

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 6.43.26 AM.png

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Fuck yeah.. lets make at least one place in this world a little less hostile. Not holding breathe for middle east or any 'Stan area.

Silverback

I just want to put this here because, he and the truck is so worthy of coolness. :)

Is this the B1K you did with those guys?

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
clean design.jpg

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
That Steel It stuff is cool but wow - a bit pricey. :)

Oswego

n00b
Ill never understand why people want all that weight over the back axle....maybe because I like speed.?. Only reason I have my tire back there is so I can get to it in a puddle of mud or snow. Jerry cans/hi lift mounts/cooking tops/propane tanks (Huge bumpers with tons of extra weight) all seem counterproductive to me unless all you do is 5mph in rock gardens. Like when I was a kid on the school bus.....last couple rows over the axle got the crap kicked out of them.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Ill never understand why people want all that weight over the back axle....maybe because I like speed.?. Only reason I have my tire back there is so I can get to it in a puddle of mud or snow. Jerry cans/hi lift mounts/cooking tops/propane tanks (Huge bumpers with tons of extra weight) all seem counterproductive to me unless all you do is 5mph in rock gardens. Like when I was a kid on the school bus.....last couple rows over the axle got the crap kicked out of them.
Well it's either mount it on the bumper or give up bed space. And on Tacoma's the back bumper needs to be beefy because you slam your ass end all the time.

Oswego

n00b
Well it's either mount it on the bumper or give up bed space. And on Tacoma's the back bumper needs to be beefy because you slam your ass end all the time.

Ive been window shopping for new rear bumpers and don't really see anything I like with a tire swing out. In regards to your statement that's the issue I'm seeing & why I do not like any of them. My bumper had a tire gate added by a young 20'somethingt at the time and I bought it from him. He did a great job at adding it. I can and have backed directly into brick walls with no damage to anything. All the new tire gates leave the arm or the arm latches latches exposed so if you back into anything they get destroyed. The only design I haven't looked at and laughed at due to what I think is piss poor engineering is ATO's and they haven't changed in eons.

Those jerry can holders would be ripped off if I drive the way I used to once this pig gets running. My spare must be my reverse bump stop.... lol In some of the wash outs you have no choice but to slam into a sand wall on reverse turns.

edit: The weld to the spindle did crack a few years ago because the kid who welded it did not get good penetration - besides that the arms been bomb proof. Now my worry is the Canadian steel it is made out of is about 1/2 the thickness it used to be. Rust is flaking off in 1/16" - 1/8" thick sheets on the inside. Starting to make me question my recovery points. Not worth killing/dying over so looking for new.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Ive been window shopping for new rear bumpers and don't really see anything I like with a tire swing out. In regards to your statement that's the issue I'm seeing & why I do not like any of them. My bumper had a tire gate added by a young 20'somethingt at the time and I bought it from him. He did a great job at adding it. I can and have backed directly into brick walls with no damage to anything. All the new tire gates leave the arm or the arm latches latches exposed so if you back into anything they get destroyed. The only design I haven't looked at and laughed at due to what I think is piss poor engineering is ATO's and they haven't changed in eons.

Those jerry can holders would be ripped off if I drive the way I used to once this pig gets running. My spare must be my reverse bump stop.... lol In some of the wash outs you have no choice but to slam into a sand wall on reverse turns.

edit: The weld to the spindle did crack a few years ago because the kid who welded it did not get good penetration - besides that the arms been bomb proof. Now my worry is the Canadian steel it is made out of is about 1/2 the thickness it used to be. Rust is flaking off in 1/16" - 1/8" thick sheets on the inside. Starting to make me question my recovery points. Not worth killing/dying over so looking for new.
Yeah, I like my Pelfreybilt's layout for the rear bumper. The table is one of the largest and the lines of it are sexy. But yeah I agree with storing gas cans on the rear which is why I don't have any on mine even though I have the option to mount some rotopax cans on mine, I'm never planning too.
My back tire gate latch is pretty beefy and you'll hit the bumper before hitting it, so I'm too worried about it.
I am worried about the "powder coat" job done by pelfreybilt. I'm picking sections of it off with my hands sometimes. It's more like a shitty paint than a powder coat job sadly.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

Oswego

n00b
Yeah, I like my Pelfreybilt's layout for the rear bumper. The table is one of the largest and the lines of it are sexy. But yeah I agree with storing gas cans on the rear which is why I don't have any on mine even though I have the option to mount some rotopax cans on mine, I'm never planning too.
My back tire gate latch is pretty beefy and you'll hit the bumper before hitting it, so I'm too worried about it.
I am worried about the "powder coat" job done by pelfreybilt. I'm picking sections of it off with my hands sometimes. It's more like a shitty paint than a powder coat job sadly.

Ill have to take a look at theirs - I did not look into them when I was window shopping + Id' get raw steel. After seeing how much body putty Kennesaw used to cover their booger welds on my current rear bumper Ill never buy anything coated from the manufacturer unless I completely trust them. Also doesn't hurt I have a OK powder coater /media blaster close to home. My current rear bumper made it 3 years before the powder started cracking. My fronts perfect after 3-4 years. Both were sitting in the sun for 99% of that time. Rear is made from crappy steel though.

I learned from the hard way, that tie down strap hook on that Jerry can is positioned wrong, I created a hole in my 15 gallon agriculture sprayer that I had mounted on an ATV

I'm done learning the hard way if I can avoid it. I know I back up with zero flukes given so anything back there better be able to take a hard smack against a hard wall lol

Silverback

I love my Brute Force Fab rear bumper. Not sure about how the table compares to others but its plenty big for my use. I had mine delivered in raw steel and then I primed it and painted it myself.