The Lodge

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
It was a good morning. Hit the water about 6:00 and had 5 limits of hybrid by 7:00. Spent the rest of the morning catching sand bass and a few catfish.

View attachment 9967

Damn thats awesome, you weren't kidding about the fish were biting.

balakay

BabyMax
Damn thats awesome, you weren't kidding about the fish were biting.

Nope. It's hard to not catch them in May and June. Think we ended up around 65 pounds of filets. The hard part is finding shad on that lake.
And if you do find them, the hard part is not being drunk and getting tangled up in the cast net and falling over the side of the boat. Not that I know from experience or anything.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Nope. It's hard to not catch them in May and June. Think we ended up around 65 pounds of filets. The hard part is finding shad on that lake.
And if you do find them, the hard part is not being drunk and getting tangled up in the cast net and falling over the side of the boat. Not that I know from experience or anything.

45A1758F-74FF-44D1-ADB9-EAEB609144D9.jpeg

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Got to go out on a buddy's boat yesterday. A nice 32' with twin cat diesel engines.

This was more catching than fishing. This spot was badass! Limited out in a half hour.
20180728_160456.jpg

This guy was out 44 miles with us. What an idiot...
20180728_110307.jpg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
44 miles out in that? No fucking way.

achirdo

2WD FTW
Got to go out on a buddy's boat yesterday. A nice 32' with twin cat diesel engines.

This was more catching than fishing. This spot was badass! Limited out in a half hour.
View attachment 10829
View attachment 10830
Where is that? We were about 40 miles out in Galveston yesterday. We saw 2 different guys out there on little 18' aluminum boats. Insanity. It was about the only day nice enough to do it but no way I'd risk it. Didn't do too great. Caught a couple undersized snapper, one 17" keeper, a couple kings, and a bunch of those damn trigger fish. On the way back in we saw a shrimp boat culling their catch. Feeding frenzy of sharks behind them. Got 2 on the boat
20180728_162426.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
Where is that? We were about 40 miles out in Galveston yesterday. We saw 2 different guys out there on little 18' aluminum boats. Insanity. It was about the only day nice enough to do it but no way I'd risk it. Didn't do too great. Caught a couple undersized snapper, one 17" keeper, a couple kings, and a bunch of those damn trigger fish. On the way back in we saw a shrimp boat culling their catch. Feeding frenzy of sharks behind them. Got 2 on the boat View attachment 10832
Nice! We launched out of surf side. Every swinging dick that owned a boat was out on the water that day. I fought traffic getting there and on the water too. lol Too many people in Texas now...

Anathollo

Staff member
Were yall fishing on that big Rocky flat 40 miles out? Can't remember the exact name
We were all over the bay. It's possible that we cruised by you at some point.

Oswego

n00b

View attachment 10829
View attachment 10830

Seen allot of bad decisions growing up at a marina but that one takes the cake.

Prob worse than the jet boat that decided to go out jumping tug boat waves and within 30 min they come back to the dock all bloodied up with a half cracked half missing windsheild. They went through the wave not over it....

Weather changes and that moron with the 21'er is at the bottom.

achirdo

2WD FTW

Prob worse than the jet boat that decided to go out jumping tug boat waves and within 30 min they come back to the dock all bloodied up with a half cracked half missing windsheild. They went through the wave not over it....

Exactly. Shit can change so fast on the ocean and being 40 miles out you have no time to react. Hell one Rouge wave from a oil tanker will just about sink that little boat like that.

Anathollo

Staff member

Everyone who had a boat was out there, whether it was barely working or not. I was shocked by how many people were fishing without shade. F* that. I don't hate fish enough to roast myself all day in the sun...

Anathollo

Staff member
I know I saw one bad ass boat around 32' with a slick silver hull if I remember correctly
This boat was all white with a cabin. Steering controls on top with a fishing platform out back. If you heard diesel engines or saw us trolling around then that was us.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
"Hello Prudential"

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Sent that to my F-in-Law to see if he knows any of the people involved. He has his boat and camper down at Port O. He is going to call a few friends down there tomorrow to see if anyone has the scoop. The shrimp boat was most likely an HEB fleet boat.

Last edited:

Oswego

n00b
WTF...45 miles out and on auto pilot going 32 knots...

Can't fix stupied. I can't ever remember taking my eyes off the water when captain of a vessel. Guess being raised on a polluted river like the Delaware that has semi submerged telephone poles bobbing up and down lengthwise was a good training aid lol. Pretty sure if I took my eyes off the water I'd catch a slap in the head from pops or ruin an outdrive and possibly sink the vessel.