What have you done to your ride lately?

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Yeah, mine was at 1/4 tank.. I bought 5 gallons but only put in one jug (2.5 gallons). I'll hold off putting in the other until I see how far it filled it up.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Yeah, mine was at 1/4 tank.. I bought 5 gallons but only put in one jug (2.5 gallons). I'll hold off putting in the other until I see how far it filled it up.
Yours don't have a gauge? It should have a 7-8 gal tank

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I do.. I put it in last night while in the garage before the storm. Haven't turned on the truck since.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
House battery woes.
So I got a cheap Oreilly lead acid battery in June when I exchanged an AGM I got from them under warranty. It was not holding voltage under load so I took it back today. Exchanged it under warranty and took a chance on an Optima Blue Top. helped that the full value of my bad battery went towards the Optima. Put it in the truck and head home.
Once home I made sure everything was snugged up and touched the positive terminal to a ground with the wrench. Sparks flew and didnt think much of it. Check the fridge and its off along with everything on that circuit.
break out the voltage meter and start testing stuff. Everything is testing normal and I decide to start the truck to see if the house battery was getting charged. It was. On top of that when the truck was running everything was getting power. Turn truck off and more testing. Remove fuse block thinking that was the culprit. Put the truck back together and pull it into the garage, and plug in the battery charger. It immediately throws a fault code. Back to testing and discover the solenoid was not opening and staying open. I unhook and remove it, hook charger back up to house battery and no fault code.
So thinking when I arched the battery I fucked up the solenoid. New one is on order and will be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed that is the issue since its an easy install and pretty cheap.
The hoops I have jumped through to have a fridge in the truck make me question why they fuck dont I just use my Yeti

CowboyTaco

Yep.

So yesterday, I spent some time washing both vehicles and decided to wax the Tacoma since I can't remember the last time that I did....probably been over a year. Yep. most likely definitely been over a year.

My wife came outside and said "good job. looks good. You know it's supposed to rain tomorrow?" Hoping that wax at least reduces my drag coefficient and gets me back even .001% MPGs :facepalm:

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
I was going to wash my wifes 4runner yesterday but calling for rain the next 3 days

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Installed new solenoid and hooked everything back up for the 2nd battery. After I did that I was loosing 6 volts between the battery post and terminal connectors. Removed, cleaned and hooked back up. Working like a champ now. New battery only looses about .4-.6 volts when the fridge kicks on. The old battery would loose 2v or more. Picture because everyone likes picture books more than chapter books.
20191028_194207.jpg

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
Replaced everything except the drums and parking brake levers in the rear of my 4Runner. Boy was I surprised at how big of a pain in the ass those parking brake cables were to replace. Anyway, brakes are working good-ish and the parking brake holds solid on both wheels. I think it could use a new master cylinder, but they’re working okay for now. Took it to get inspected and it failed because of tape on the tail light. Not happy, but the guy was at least nice enough to tell me that if I wait 2 months for the inspection, it becomes a safety inspection only and the price goes down to $7. No emissions test on 25 year old or older vehicle. This at least gives me time to get a few other things done to it

AlienXtx

Nignog
Mint

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
Looks pretty good. How is it running?
Starts right up every time. Doesn’t smoke, but it does seem to leak transmission and power steering fluid. I’ll probably only put about 50 miles on it a month so I don’t really care. I’ll just keep fluids topped off, haha.

I drove it about 5 miles today and it could use new shocks, but I doubt I’ll get those. There sure is a lot of fan noise that comes from the engine and it goes so slow. Kinda feels like driving an old Jeep.

Things that I still have to do:
• Get bolts for my new fan shroud
• Seal up and install washer fluid tank
• Find a new gear shifter handle (surprisingly difficult to source)
• I guess I need new tail light lenses
• I might try to replace the shifter bushings
• Oil change
• Alignment

AlienXtx

Nignog
I kept hearing a knocking/rattling noise whenever I'd go over a bump or on my dirt road so I put it up in the air to see if I could find it. Went front to back, luckily it ended up just being the receiver hitch bouncing around lol.
20191101_083024.jpg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I kept hearing a knocking/rattling noise whenever I'd go over a bump or on my dirt road so I put it up in the air to see if I could find it. Went front to back, luckily it ended up just being the receiver hitch bouncing around lol.
View attachment 18195

and when you pull trailers a lot you recognize that sound and the slop, many years ago I started adding some sort of shim onto the receiver, what I have found best are old can openers, flatten the pointed end in a press, grind the thickness down just a little bit, leaving the other end untouched, I use a large flathead screwdriver and hammer and wedge the hitch/frame.

you can also weld a small bead, but add a lot of grease to the bead keep it from corroding or it take a sledge to remove.

I also prefer stainless steel receivers because trailers with electric brakes/lights need that ground connection.

EEADC9A2-806F-4D72-BCBA-D3D83C7931BD.jpeg
C110EA3D-CD30-4731-BD6F-1B173D1A3339.jpeg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I can’t locate the picture, but If you have one of those adjustable height receivers, I saw this on a truck and these folks were full time RV’s, he looked like he used 100lb braided stainless steel fishing leader and a small turn buckle, he just put tension at the height he had set, to eliminate that clunk noise.

AlienXtx

Nignog
I got the heavier reciever with the chicken shit reducer for the normal sized hitch, but I bet that would still work.

AlienXtx

Nignog
20191101_190239.jpg