Silverbacks trailer to haul his booshi shit.. not my word.. its TacoXpo's.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Oh I already looked at buying a new axle and cutting the spindles off it and building the hub mounts. Figure I can reuse the spindle mount, just cut off what is there now. Buy the axle and cut it down, reinforce it (its a hollow axle so I would sleeve it, and weld it on... gusset liberally. The bolt the existing brake assembly on with new drums. But that is all plan B should the adapter route fail. :)

Silverback

Another thing. I asked the guy if he sold a 10" electric brake trailer drum with a parking brake. He said he didn't. I looked online for one and couldn't find one either.

balakay

BabyMax
Another thing. I asked the guy if he sold a 10" electric brake trailer drum with a parking brake. He said he didn't. I looked online for one and couldn't find one either.

Look at Dexter. Pretty sure they have what you're looking for.

Silverback

Good call @balakay They do sell a brake assembly with parking brake... its $175 a side! Ouch.

balakay

BabyMax
Good call @balakay They do sell a brake assembly with parking brake... its $175 a side! Ouch.

Yeah I couldn't remember the price but was thinking they were up there. I just remember seeing them when I was looking at options for putting brakes on my dad's trailer.

Silverback

I was looking at etrailer.com and another similar site and didn't see any. I think my brake assembly will be fine should I have to go with a new spindle and drum. But if its not its nice to know there is an alternative.

Silverback

Also ordered some Bearing Buddies. Something I should have put on my car hauler many years ago... I hated regreasing the hubs. Anyhow, I figure I'll do them now and carry a couple spare dust caps in case they fall off. :)

Silverback

Well I am thinking the bearing buddies might have been a bad idea. Seems they push the old grease out... which is good. But upon closer inspection of these hub assemblies that would be right into the chamber the brake pads are in. So cancelled. :( I can order another set if it comes to light they can be used.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

Oswego

n00b

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

Silverback

Nah.. I'll have some chocks but I like the idea of a brake in case I forget the chocks. Which happened "once" when we had our 23' TT.. unhooked it and it started sliding backwards.. FUCK.... luckily my chains were long enough and I was quick enough to wrap it around the ball and then clip to the mount. That was a pucker moment.

But I got one of the new rims in today (the other two arrive tomorrow.. don't ask me how one arrived before the other two.. its FedEx and... well I'll just say thank you FedEx) and Discount Tire called and said the tires are in. I opened the box I got today and realized I REALLY need to wash my truck and repaint the rims/bumpers/etc on this pig. She is nasty. I plan to give the rims to the neighbor who works at DT tomorrow and have him install them Thursday while he is at work. Adapters are slated to arrive Thursday so if the stars align I might have it on rubber Thursday night. Maybe.

taco4x4rar

Funny about the time, every time ive ordered from wheels from summit racing they never all come in the same shipment

Silverback

So I ran to the corner store to get some gas and the UPS man stopped me at the store... he had a package for me. I thought it was funny.

Anyhow, package was the side box from DeeZee. I hate the emblem on it. Its cheap, feels plastic and it wiggles... its got to go! But other than that I like it the box. Its going to be bolted up a little higher than what I have it in the photo... I want them level with the tops of the RTT mounting frame mounts. It has a strut to control the "lid" which I like but I'll probably also add some stainless cables on each side to help support any load that might be on the lid. Also, it is shiny black.... that has to go.. rattle can will see it soon.

That being said I ordered up the second one for the other side. Also, rims and tires are at Discount Tire at the moment getting mounted up. Now if the adapters arrive tomorrow like they are supposed to I'll be happy happy happy.

IMG_8559.JPG
IMG_8560.JPG
IMG_8561.JPG
IMG_8562.JPG

Silverback

He's been delivering packages to me for close to 10 years. At our old house, at the rental while we built a new one, now at the new one. But yeah, when I was at the gas pump and he pulled up and stopped and said "I have something for you" I knew I had a problem. lol

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
You are the reason brick and mortar stores are closing

Silverback

:( I know.