Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
LOL

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I took the time before my vacation to disconnect my batteries in the truck so I could check em with a voltage meter when I got home since they wouldn't have a load on em for two weeks. Well...turns out my voltage meter crapped out because I'm pretty sure my batteries can't hold 20volts lol :( I'll have to price out a Fluke this time.

balakay

BabyMax
I took the time before my vacation to disconnect my batteries in the truck so I could check em with a voltage meter when I got home since they wouldn't have a load on em for two weeks. Well...turns out my voltage meter crapped out because I'm pretty sure my batteries can't hold 20volts lol :( I'll have to price out a Fluke this time.

Fluke 1587 FTW! But for those that don't need insulation meters, the 117 is a great meter for home/garage use.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member

I try to be a cheap bastard but a Fluke is a good investment. I have had one in my truck for work for about three years now without any issues.

Anathollo

Staff member
Fluke 1587 FTW! But for those that don't need insulation meters, the 117 is a great meter for home/garage use.
Thanks! I'll take a look at both of em. Also wanted to talk to my electrical superintendent about which one he likes (dude is an electrical wizard) but he's out today.

Anathollo

Staff member
I try to be a cheap bastard but a Fluke is a good investment. I have had one in my truck for work for about three years now without any issues.
Yeah this one was a GreenLee that my stepdad got me as part of an Electricians started kit (insulated pliers, screwdrivers, nippers and the volt meter) and I'm surprised it's lasted this long. All of the other tools it came with are rusted garbage that I've replaced.

Silverback

I've got an old GreenLee as well.. its in my trail bag.

Taco Loco

I have one that's close to 15 or more years old, still works great

Anathollo

Staff member
I feel like an old man now lol picked up a work apron for heavy grinding and painting. I ruined a new heavy duty work shirt after grinding all day so this will help prevent that from happening again.
20170917_193902.jpg

Taco Loco

I'm glad you didn't go with the rainbow straps

Last edited:

Silverback

That's a good idea

Anathollo

Staff member

Anathollo

Staff member
I'm glad you didn't go with the rainbow straps
It's on backorder right now. Of course I got those, gotta add some color to my shop. :D
That's a good idea
Yeah my stepdad & the metal shop guys I used to work with would wear one and now I understand why. I completely ruined that nice work shirt so this should take care of that...provided I remember to put it on lol