Just Guns

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
First - is this for range use only or mixed use at the range and field?

I had a Midway shooting mat I used for years until it got stolen. Solid money spent on it. There are lots of mat/ rifle case combos out there that also work; the big thing being that they are better at being a mat and mainly for short term rifle storage.

But if I decide to get another shooting mat I will be going with a Creedmoor roll-up mat. Best bang for the buck and they handle a military grade beating.

Creedmoor Roll-Up Mat (Green)

balakay

BabyMax
First - is this for range use only or mixed use at the range and field?

I had a Midway shooting mat I used for years until it got stolen. Solid money spent on it. There are lots of mat/ rifle case combos out there that also work; the big thing being that they are better at being a mat and mainly for short term rifle storage.

But if I decide to get another shooting mat I will be going with a Creedmoor roll-up mat. Best bang for the buck and they handle a military grade beating.

Creedmoor Roll-Up Mat (Green)

Mainly just range use

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Mainly just range use

still +1 the Creedmoor mat. They make some pretty solid shooting accessories without the "uber price tag" of some other companies.

@Oswego - what would it take to get a hold of some small portions of bullet proof glass? I have always wanted to test some out. For science and stuff.

Oswego

n00b
still +1 the Creedmoor mat. They make some pretty solid shooting accessories without the "uber price tag" of some other companies.

@Oswego - what would it take to get a hold of some small portions of bullet proof glass? I have always wanted to test some out. For science and stuff.

You PM'ing me your addy - then me stopping by my local post office on the way home today and dropping it off in the mail. Ill cover the freight. All I have in the office right now is (1) 6" x 6" piece of Dlubak Specialty DLP 1000 HPWT 0500.03 Level 4 Forced Entry .357 No Spall

I would save any rifle rounds for the last shot or two. Even though it's 1-1/16" thick any speedy rifle rounds will blow right through it.

We did a massive office clean out in fall and I donated all our samples to the Unions' school so the kids can play around with it and learn from or I would of had a ton of choices for you. I have more samples but this is the only one I have multiple of (can't give away my only sample to better rated glass so I have them for sales calls).

Tried to upload some pics but TOR doesn't like the Bluebeam program I use on my work PC so my Jpegs show up blank when I upload them...

Oswego

n00b
Be quick though - I'm outta here in less than a hr :)

Oswego

n00b
understanding-bulletproof-glass-and-bullet-resistant-barriers-14-638.jpg

Oswego

n00b
Of course the day I am stuck in meetings all day. Will PM my address for any other available time though.

Thanks!

No worries, I brought it home w/me so I can mail it tom. Just would of stopped on my way home if I had it w/me.

for perspective
full

full

balakay

BabyMax
Ordered some new ammo to try in the AR. I've only shot match ammo through it so far. So I picked up some hunting loads to see how they do. Also picked up some new ammo to try in my Weatherby. It hurts paying that much for ammo that I have no idea how it's going to perform. At least I shopped around and got it for $65 instead of the $73-78 I saw it everywhere else. Also picked up some new goodies for the range. A range mat, a range bag, another bipod, and some electronic ear muffs. The ear plugs just dont quite cut it when you're at the line with a bunch of people shooting magnums.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I ordered another rifle case for my .308 and a portable shooting bench. Its out for delivery now. Woot! Plan is to go shooting tomorrow at the farm and break it in. Need to sight in some stuff.

balakay

BabyMax
I ordered another rifle case for my .308 and a portable shooting bench. Its out for delivery now. Woot! Plan is to go shooting tomorrow at the farm and break it in. Need to sight in some stuff.

What case did you get? RTIC has their 43" cases on sale for $90 right now.

Silverback

Nothing that nice... just a softsided one.. I didn't have anything for it before. I need to go check out RTIC though.

balakay

BabyMax
Thanks @balakay Just ordered one.

Right on. I wanted to get one of their 53" ones instead of the Planos I got because they were $115 but they sold out before I could. At the time they didnt have the 43s on their website. Looked today and noticed they had added it and had the 50% sale on them as wel.

Silverback

Just got my shipping confirmation email... it will be here Tuesday! WOOT!!

balakay

BabyMax
Got the Osage River Tactical range bag in today. This thing is badass. Room for two pistols and fourteen pistol magazines. Plenty of room inside for boxes of ammo and comes with some dividers for the main compartment. End pockets and pouches for hearing/eye protection, targets, etc etc. Once I get the rest of the stuff in that I ordered, I'll pack it up and take some photos to post.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
You PM'ing me your addy - then me stopping by my local post office on the way home today and dropping it off in the mail. Ill cover the freight. All I have in the office right now is (1) 6" x 6" piece of Dlubak Specialty DLP 1000 HPWT 0500.03 Level 4 Forced Entry .357 No Spall

I would save any rifle rounds for the last shot or two. Even though it's 1-1/16" thick any speedy rifle rounds will blow right through it.

We did a massive office clean out in fall and I donated all our samples to the Unions' school so the kids can play around with it and learn from or I would of had a ton of choices for you. I have more samples but this is the only one I have multiple of (can't give away my only sample to better rated glass so I have them for sales calls).

Tried to upload some pics but TOR doesn't like the Bluebeam program I use on my work PC so my Jpegs show up blank when I upload them...
ahh you use blue beam too (I don't and don't need it for what I do). Another subcontractor recommended it as well.

Oswego

n00b
ahh you use blue beam too (I don't and don't need it for what I do). Another subcontractor recommended it as well.

It's pretty cool. I see it or similar programs being the future so I'm slowly trying to wean myself off of physical blueprints and towards keeping everything online for myself in the office (field techs will always get full size paper plans). Got a 23yo coworker and that's all he knows so he is a wiz kid with it ~ me not so much because I started with mechanical drafting in middle school a long time ago. I find it difficult to flip back and forth between floor plans, details, and elevations with it vs if I had paper I could just save each page by placing a finger in between them and flipping back and forth. Right now I'm marking up all my estimates in blue beam then printing them out to double check and see if I missed anything. Not optimal and slower than my old method, but I'm teaching myself. I had tried to just do everything on blue beam but was missing items on take-offs and my pride won't allow me to do stupied stuff at work so I throttled back until I'm used to it more.

By far the best option I use on it is the search function. Control + F and you get a search bar in the upper right screen that pops up. Throw in whatever term you like and it puts each occurrence into a table of contents showing each time it's used and the corresponding page number. You can then click and go to each very easily. For example I have 1,000 pages of specifications and want to find every reference to the term "GL-1" to see what type of glass it is. I type it in and walla it shows ever single occurrence of GL-1 in the PDF. The same is applicable to blue prints. When the architect puts too many layers on the floor plans and they are too busy/impossible to read Ill use it to find products.

It also does so much more than I use it for. My knowledge of how to use it is poor at best. Thinking about taking a class so I can get more efficient with it.